The GLBT Historical Society seeks a temporary Move Project Manager to oversee the administrative and logistical tasks required to move a moderate sized archives. Under the supervision of the Managing Archivist, the Move Manager will work a total of 200 hours over the course of six weeks, with four weeks at full time and two weeks at part time. This position is anticipated to begin May 1 and end in mid-June. Compensation is $25 per hour.
Create and implement a master move plan, taking into account any move progress that has already been achieved by GLBT Historical Society staff and volunteers up to the starting date. Must be able to step in immediately and take over tasks and duties relating to the move of the archives and its collections, including:
- assisting with collection inventory and location lists, moving and coordinating the movement of collection materials
- maintaining move calendar and assisting in scheduling for the move (technical assistance, meetings, and appointments)
- monitoring and maintaining working operation of office equipment and ordering supplies as needed for the move
- assisting with packing of collection and office materials
- examining collection materials and producing condition reports
- communicating with movers, packers and third parties as related to the move
- maintaining a location tracking system
- performing other related duties as assigned
Completion of a college or university baccalaureate degree. MLIS or MA in museum studies, or equivalent experience managing at least one substantial move before. Familiarity with archival and museum registration techniques preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Joanna Black, Managing Archivist . Deadline for applications is April 11.